Last Updated on
Before we talk about Home Depot gift card balance, let’s see what is Home Depot. Home Depot was established in 1978, The Home Depot is undoubtedly one of the largest home improvement retailers world over. It contains well over 2,200 retail outlets in Mexico, the United States, and Canada.
Other than availing mostly home improvement merchandises to its customers, the retail giant also endeavors to help people accomplish more with their hard-earned income.
It does so using various tools and strategies. Among them, which subsequently forms the basis of our discussion today, is the Home Depot gift card.
Table of Contents
- What is Home Depot Gift Card?
- Check Home Depot Gift Card Balance
- Frequently Asked Questions About Home Depot Gift Cards (FAQs)
- Q1. Is it possible for me to use the Home Depot gift card online?
- Q2. How do I activate my Home Depot gift card?
- Q3. It is possible for me to purchase an eGift Card alongside other Home Depot merchandises at a time?
- Q4. Which cards are accepted for eGift Card purchases?
- Q5. Is it possible for you to reload the Home Depot Gift Card?
- Q6. Can I redeem my Home Depot gift card for cash?
- Q7. How may I utilize the Home Depot® merchandise credits that are issued from product returns?
- Q8. Is there a timeframe within which I must exhaust my gift?
- Q9. My gift card doesn’t work. What could be the problem?
- Q10. What should I do if my card does not work?
- Final Verdict
What is Home Depot Gift Card?
For a start, the Home Depot gift card is a special pre-paid payment card. You use this card to purchase various merchandises and on a variety of electronic payment platforms.
These purchases are not for you. Instead, you purchase goods on behalf of some third party like a friend, spouse, child or colleague. Upon purchase, the product is sent to the person typically via registered mail.
To take advantage of this card, you first and foremost have to register for the same. You have to pay a visit to the nearest retail outlet and express an intention to do so. The cashier will proceed with the rest of the applications. He will thereafter activate the card.
After registering, you will have to top up. This you do through a number of options. You might choose to use hard cash, online payment platforms, and various cards. You are now good to go!
Unlike the gift cards of most retail outlets, the one for Home Depot neither expires nor requires you to spend the whole amount within a stipulated time frame.
Simply put, after topping it up, you have the leeway to spend the money when and how you want. That is why you will from time to time have to check and ascertain this balance.
Check Home Depot Gift Card Balance
You have three main ways of checking the outstanding balance in a Home Depot gift card. These avenues are stipulated and discussed here below.
1. Checking Balance Online
This is by far the most popular approach to take. That is because it is instantaneous, available round-the-clock, and displays the outcomes within the shortest time possible.
All you are required to possess is access to the internet, a suitable electronic gadget like a smartphone, laptop or tablet, and of course, the ability to juggle your way online.
Step-by-step Procedures to Check Gift Card Balance
- On your web browser’s address bar, type this URL: https://secure2.homedepot.com/mycheckout/giftcard
- You will be prompted to sign in. Key in your username and your card’s 4-digit PIN to proceed. You will find this PIN on the back of your card.
- In the gift card personal home page, you will be asked to furnish your card number for verification. Yet again, you will have to get to the back of your card to obtain this number.
- Press enter as soon as you have furnished the necessary details.
- Your prevailing gift card will be displayed to you.
2. Checking Gift Card Balance Via Phone
You might also use the phone as the avenue to obtain your gift card balance. You simply need a phone and that is it. This method is mainly great if your location is too remote and the internet connectivity is either dysfunctional, too expensive or simply out of reach.
Step-by-step Procedure to Check Gift Card Balance via Phone
- Find a quiet place and time to make the call. Since all conversations are audible, it may not always be that the person at the other end will hear you well. That is why you have to be sure that there is not going to be an impediment to the audio quality of the phone call.Call 1-800-430-3376
- The recipient of the call will ask you to supply him your card number. Refer to the back of your card for the 23-digit card number. Be sure to dictate to him audibly and at a reasonable pace.
- He will then want some time to key in the digits to generate your card number.
- He will almost always ask you to tell him your official name just to prove that the card indeed belongs to you. In case of any discrepancy, he might choose to terminate the session.
- If all is well, he shall read out the balance to you right away.
3. Check Gift Card Balance on Retail Outlets
Lastly, you may also wish to walk into any of the 2,200 retail outlets to seek this balance on your own. This approach is most suitable if you live at a reasonable distance from the nearest retail outlet.
Step-by-step Procedure to Check Gift Card Balance on Retail Store
- You will have to carry your card and an official identification document like a state-issued ID, birth certificate, passport, and student ID.
- Speak to the cashier about your intent.
- He will ask you to provide your card and the associated identification documents.
- Thereafter, he shall key in those details in the computer system of the retail outlet.
- Your card balance shall show up, which he shall gladly read out to you.
NB: In case you are wondering where your nearest retail outlet could be, visit this address for some clues:
Frequently Asked Questions About Home Depot Gift Cards (FAQs)
Many myths and mysteries regarding the Home Depot gift card do abound. It is only fair to demystify them. In this segment, we are going to examine some of the frequently asked questions regarding this subject matter:
Q1. Is it possible for me to use the Home Depot gift card online?
A. YES, it is! The retail outlet has many options through which you may redeem your balance, and the online platform is one of them. Home Depot Gift Cards can be used similarly as Walmart Gift Card Balance.
While paying for goods online, you will have to specify whether you want to redeem your balance or not. If you opt to do so, the system shall direct you appropriately and make the associated deductions.
Q2. How do I activate my Home Depot gift card?
A. You have options to go about this issue. One, you might do it right at the point of sale. While paying for the goods, you might tell the cashier to activate the card for you.
The second option is while shopping online. Under this circumstance, the card is activated immediately the order is processed and right before the same is mailed to the recipient thereof.
Q3. It is possible for me to purchase an eGift Card alongside other Home Depot merchandises at a time?
A. NO! There is no provision for both transactions at a time. You definitely have to make separate arrangements for the same. To purchase the merchandises, you have to go to homedepot.com and pay as you normally would at checkout.
For your eGift Card purchases, similarly, go to homedepot.com. However, at checkout, choose the Gift Card as your preferred option as payment. This way, the balance in your gift card shall be applied to that particular purchase.
Q4. Which cards are accepted for eGift Card purchases?
A. PayPal, Discover, American Express, MasterCard, and VISA are the cards which are acceptable for eGift Card purchases. Further to these, you might not use the Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge Card or the Home Depot Consumer Credit Card for such purchases.
Q5. Is it possible for you to reload the Home Depot Gift Card?
A. YES, you can! It is indeed possible for you to reload your Home Depot Gift Card. This you may do online or at any Home Depot store.
Definitely, you will have to arm yourself with your card, the PIN and some money. You need not necessarily carry hard cash. You may opt for the alternative payment avenues which have already been listed and exhausted above.
Q6. Can I redeem my Home Depot gift card for cash?
A. NOT really? Unless specified by some written law, it is almost impossible for you to redeem your gift card for cash. The limitation does not end there.
You may not use these cards towards a loan or credit balance, tool rental deposits, phone purchases or other in-home purchases. Simply put, they are wholly meant for matters gifts and gifts alone.
Q7. How may I utilize the Home Depot® merchandise credits that are issued from product returns?
A. You may utilize them for a number of transactions and buying conditions. These are however exclusive of online purchases. Additionally, you will have to supply appropriate identification to verify your status.
Q8. Is there a timeframe within which I must exhaust my gift?
A. NO! As stated from the beginning, the gifts for the Home Depot do not have an expiry date. Once you load your card, you will have to spend the amount at a time that is convenient for you.
This is a far cry from what happens elsewhere. Many stores require you to spend the amount within a scheduled timeline, failure to which you forfeit the outstanding balance.
Q9. My gift card doesn’t work. What could be the problem?
A. A number of issues could be to blame. The card may not be activated, the chip may be destroyed, there could be insufficient funds in your account or the card itself may have expired.
Q10. What should I do if my card does not work?
A. As soon as you detect the issue, rush to your nearest Home Depot retail outlet. Speak it over with the customer care department. They will ascertain the root cause of the problem, after which, they shall guide you appropriately.
This service is absolutely free and may take only a couple of days to rectify. In some instances, you might be required to change your card. At such times, you will have to part with some money.
Now that you know all you might have concerning the Home Depot gift card, what more are you waiting for? Is it not wise of you to make an effort to enroll in one right away? Are you not keen on leveraging the awesome advantages of these cards?
To do so, simply walk to your nearest Home Depot branch. While there, you shall simply submit your credentials to the cashier and have him do the rest for you.
From experience, a number of our clients have still remained stuck even after reading through our explanations. If you happen to be that way, we ask that you seek further information and guidance from us. We are always glad to assist persons like you!